Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blow the Whistle

Tonight I went to a junior hockey game for the first time in a couple of years. I used to go to every game available and while it is good entertainment, the most frustrating item is the refereeing.

Things haven't changed one bit in that regard. Tonight a perfectly good hockey game was significantly influenced by the referee. Several very questionable calls on both teams. And it always seems to be at the most inoportune time.

I think I have a good understanding of the rules and I just can't see how these "professionals" can see what happened that much differently than I do.

The players and the coaches sling all kinds of abuse at them and that must be hard to deal with. Perhaps they can take only so much and then make a snap call, and blow the whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment